Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Matomart Sale again
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! I_vote_lcapThe feds wanna ban Airsoft! I_voting_barThe feds wanna ban Airsoft! I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
The feds wanna ban Airsoft! I_vote_lcapThe feds wanna ban Airsoft! I_voting_barThe feds wanna ban Airsoft! I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

The feds wanna ban Airsoft!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Empty
PostSubject: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 6:46 pm

knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 8:45 pm

That figures. 
Our local chief acknowledges that 70% of hand guns can be traced back to smugglers from the US.
Blare couldn't manage gun violence as Police chief, so now he is coming after easy pickings.
How about they go after the criminals.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:49 pm

Don't get me started on the idiocy of our firearms laws and the ones they want to enact...
The whole thing is a political tool for the election...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Old_Tanker
Private

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 am

Yes its a very sad state. Ready to give up on firearm ownership and now cant even get back into airsoft for military events.
Damn libs!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 4:15 pm

"I solemnly swear. I own no guns."

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 3:00 pm

Jarlath wrote:
Don't get me started on the idiocy of our firearms laws and the ones they want to enact...
The whole thing is a political tool for the election...

That's essentially it, and anyone who calls them out is in favour of babies owning guns and mandatory being-shot-in-the-leg while grocery shopping.

HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Write your MP & tell them to oppose bill C21. Here is the MP email lookup by postal code: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search  
Tell them how you disagree with this bill, be polite & address them by their proper title (if they're an MP it will begin with The Honourable [First Name - Last Name] )
I already wrote mine. Doesn't matter what party your MP is, just write  - they know one letter equals 200 votes.
This bill has to pass 3 readings in parliament before it becomes law, in the meantime there is ample opportunity to amend or defeat it.
Democracy doesn't end when the election is over, too many Canadian's don't know how to engage their representatives. I guess it goes along with our national psyche of "I tried nothing, and nothing works"
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 4:06 pm

HiawathaPete wrote:
Write your MP & tell them to oppose bill C21. Here is the MP email lookup by postal code: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search  
Tell them how you disagree with this bill, be polite & address them by their proper title (if they're an MP it will begin with The Honourable [First Name - Last Name] )
I already wrote mine. Doesn't matter what party your MP is, just write  - they know one letter equals 200 votes.
This bill has to pass 3 readings in parliament before it becomes law, in the meantime there is ample opportunity to amend or defeat it.
Democracy doesn't end when the election is over, too many Canadian's don't know how to engage their representatives. I guess it goes along with our national psyche of "I tried nothing, and nothing works"

Agreed.
Also, if you really want to get it noticed, you hand write it. The fact that you took the time to hand write a letter means multiple times more weight to an MP than an email.
When COVID stupidity ends, and it is available once again, schedule a face to face appointment with your MP. That is the #1 indicator of votes.
When you need to put in effort to communicate = greater value of the communication.

Online Petition = 0 (feel good placebo to those who sign the petition).
Email = 1 (Can be a mass mail/form letter)
Typed physical Mail = 2 (You assembled and sent a letter)
Hand written Mail = 3 (Much longer effort time)
Phone call = 4 (if you actually get to talk to the MP, otherwise 0)
Face to Face with MP = 5 (The #1 effort)

Do not rant, stay on a select few talking points, be polite. Those that are able to get verbal communication, should have facts/reasons/evidence to back up their positions. Again, calm and polite, no matter how much you want to throttle them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Jarlath wrote:
HiawathaPete wrote:

Agreed.
Also, if you really want to get it noticed, you hand write it. The fact that you took the time to hand write a letter means multiple times more weight to an MP than an email.
When COVID stupidity ends, and it is available once again, schedule a face to face appointment with your MP. That is the #1 indicator of votes.
When you need to put in effort to communicate = greater value of the communication.

Online Petition = 0 (feel good placebo to those who sign the petition).
Email = 1 (Can be a mass mail/form letter)
Typed physical Mail = 2 (You assembled and sent a letter)
Hand written Mail = 3 (Much longer effort time)
Phone call = 4 (if you actually get to talk to the MP, otherwise 0)
Face to Face with MP = 5 (The #1 effort)

Do not rant, stay on a select few talking points, be polite. Those that are able to get verbal communication, should have facts/reasons/evidence to back up their positions. Again, calm and polite, no matter how much you want to throttle them.

Thanks, Jarlath! Condensed & keeping to the important & salient points (ie not rambling) is the way to go, I forgot to mention that - thanks for bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:19 pm

All good points. We face similar problems here. I have written letters in the past. It has been a while. 
My State Assembly and Senate Representatives are both pro 2nd Amendment. I have regular correspondence with them. In fact, I grew up 3 houses down from where my Assemblyman grew up. His dog was a mean m-----f----r. The problem is uphill with the NYC lib-tards heavily outnumbering any policies brought forth.
Unfortunately, my Governor/Emperor is as bad as they come. Hopefully his own recent stupidity will bring him down.
Congressional Senate here in New York is ruled by Chuck the F--- Schumer and his lackey Gillibrand. Any correspondence ever sent to them has never been replied to at all. 
House of Representatives has a new person. His problem is that he replaced a man that resigned and went to jail for corruption.
Like Mike said, when you do write, keep it simple. Verify your facts before presenting them. Be polite and don't rant. Leave the rants for forums like this. Ha haa
Oh yeah. Vote.
And may ever the odds be in your favor.

Private

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 10:39 am

'military' looking rifles, either modern or vintage are all at risk. You watch, they move to ban all hunting rifles then hand guns.
Yes, airsoft is on the chopping block as well, but watch, paint ball then archery will follow. We will have no shooting sports of any type here in canustan.
I do military history of the Canadians who served during the Vietnam war (seen many of you at Oshawa Aquino) I have/had a special ATT to use my XM177 and 1911 at such events for demonstration purposes..... now who knows... closet queens. Damn libs Sad
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Quick disclaimer: in my recent past, I handled research for a small law firm.  I am not a lawyer, and I cannot give legal advice.  But, I think I can provide a quick interpretation of what this probably means (again, this is not legal advice and should not be taken as such).

Since this is all about firearms, the term "firearm" is defined in the criminal code as: "a barrelled weapon from which any shot, bullet or other projectile can be discharged and that is capable of causing serious bodily injury or death to a person, and includes any frame or receiver of such a barrelled weapon and anything that can be adapted for use as a firearm."

So, initial reading of the definition puts RC airsoft tanks into a grey area of sorts.  They have a barrel that can fire a projectile, but this projectile is unlikely to be fast enough to cause bodily injury, and extremely unlikely to cause death.

Getting to the act, the title is regarding "Mid-velocity 'replica' firearms," and reads "Update the Criminal Code to ensure that any device, including an unregulated airgun that looks exactly like a conventional regulated firearm (i.e., shoots over 500 feet per second), is prohibited for the purposes of import, export, sale and transfer."

"Replica" means, according to the Criminal Code: "any device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, a firearm, and that itself is not a firearm, but does not include any such device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, an antique firearm."

Now, laws are meant to be read in a certain way (this is called the "Golden Rule") - basically, they are supposed to be read according to the plain meaning of their language and in such a way that does not cause an absurd result.  And, read this way, RC tanks are not included in this - nobody could argue that a 1.5' RC model of a T-34 that can shoot a plastic pellet is an exact or near precision replica of a weapons system with an 85mm gun (for that matter, the only thing that would be included are those airsoft rifles and replica guns that fire at higher than 500 fps).  Trying to cause deliberate bodily harm with it would be absurdly hard.

What's kind of interesting to me, reading this, is that any airsoft gun with a velocity of over 500 fps is already prohibited, so this looks mainly like a clause designed to deal with weird outliers, rather than expanding the definition to something that would impact any of us.

At least, that's my read on it.  Others may vary.
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 4:36 pm

very good analysis of the definition and potential impact on us.  I wrote to my MP and got a response this same day indicating that the focus is and should be the criminal element with supply/sale and use in illegal activity.  He referred to Bill C-238 which the Liberals defeated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The feds wanna ban Airsoft!   The feds wanna ban Airsoft! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The feds wanna ban Airsoft!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1