Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby Maczek Today at 4:46 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 1:17 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help I_vote_lcapTamiya Tiger 1 electronics help I_voting_barTamiya Tiger 1 electronics help I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help I_vote_lcapTamiya Tiger 1 electronics help I_voting_barTamiya Tiger 1 electronics help I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Hilario

Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZackM
Private

Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Empty
PostSubject: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 11:47 pm

Hey guys. I picked up this tiger 1 from the form. I haven't had a chance to test it until now. I'm honestly happy with it but there is a huge issue, all the controls are backwards. Legit everything, I was able use the remote (Futaba 4ywd) and reverse the channels and got it all working but now it has no throttle or driving. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, the gun recoil sounds like it's grinding and dying!
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Use, fresh fully charged battery, even if the one you have showing 7.2v. the amps could be very low.
In Tamiya tanks, throttle cuts off when battery low.
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 2:48 pm

Do you have any idea why everything might be reversed though? I've tried everything and all the controls are backward.
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 pm

When Tamiya made their MFUs, they made them for specific radio model, different radios even with in Futaba will have controls that vary and need reversing. 2.4 mhz seems to be more challenging.
Michael C. is an expert in radios, maybe you can direct the question to him for more comprehensive advice.
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 5:36 pm

I currently own 8 Tamiya tanks, total I've owned 11. This is the first one I've ever had issues with.  Even in Japan, this is the remote they provide the tanks with. Just don't understand why it's just this one tank I have issues with!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 11:23 pm

I wish I could help, but I've only ever owned an unbuilt Tamiya tank still in the box.

Images of the interior may help (Could be a motor wiring issue/connection issues, etc...) Hard to diagnose through text....
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 9:29 am

Did some checking last night on the tanks and radios. I have four Tamiya tanks on a same futaba FM RADIO,that offers multi vehicle controller. Leo 2A6 and King Tiger all trims NORMAL, Tiger! all trims REVERSED, Sherman: 3 channels NORMAL, one channel REVERSED.  I also have half Tiger, no deck or turret ( a project of sort) on Futaba 2.4 mhz radio with MFU and 2 channels NORMAL, 2 CHANNELS (throttle and steering) REVERSED ! 
So, in conclusion: I don't see any pattern in Tamiya MFUs and radios, seems more random or at least in control of Radio: make, model, type and frequency.
Has anyone observed the same ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help   Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1