Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question I_vote_lcapModding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question I_voting_barModding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question I_vote_lcapModding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question I_voting_barModding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Empty
PostSubject: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2022 11:07 am

Hi all!

I've ordered my Leopard 2 from Matomart, and theoretically it should be arriving this week.  I have also got my hands on a set of VietRCClub's antennas and decals kit, so that is ready to go.

I just have one question - how do I attach the antenna?

Or, to be more specific: can I just cement them onto the turret with some Tamiya extra thin, or do I have to pin them in some manner first so that they won't fall off while the tank is rolling around?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2022 12:39 pm

What is the VietRCClub's antennas and decal kits ? Can you send a link ?
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2022 12:43 pm

MikeC wrote:
What is the VietRCClub's antennas and decal kits ? Can you send a link ?

Yeah, sure.  Here it is: http://www.chariotsofwar.net/contents/en-us/p215_Leopard_2A6M_Antennas___Decals.html

The antennas are flat on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2022 12:51 pm

Ah right. Didn't realized they productionized them. I would just use crazy/CA glue. Sometimes 3D print material doesn't stick very well and you might need epoxy but definitely crazy glue first and see if it sticks.
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2022 1:06 pm

MikeC wrote:
Ah right. Didn't realized they productionized them. I would just use crazy/CA glue. Sometimes 3D print material doesn't stick very well and you might need epoxy but definitely crazy glue first and see if it sticks.

They don't produce them anymore (I tried to get it directly from them before I went to Chariots of War).  But, the place I did get them from is in Canada, and they do have around 26 of them left at the moment, so lots around for everybody.

I might go with both, then.  Tack with crazy glue, and then cement to hopefully lock them in place.
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 1:33 pm

Under the heading of "it's a small world after all," I just talked on the phone to a CS rep at Matomart to see if my tank had gotten out the door to the courier yet, and discovered that he was one of us who had been at Aquino...

...and that was delightful...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 1:35 pm

Someone we know or just a visitor ?
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 1:37 pm

MikeC wrote:
Someone we know or just a visitor ?

I think it's somebody we know...in fact, I'm certain of it.  And I don't want to out him here without his permission.

What I will say is that he mentioned something about riding a Leopard when he was at Aquino this year.
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 5:26 pm

Yea.  I know the guy and yes, he and his buddy (or brother) were at Aquino.  His collection of tanks is several dozen strong and all metal.  He is quite the talker and a true font of information.

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 6:41 pm

So did these guys visited us at the battlefield or you two just met him somewhere in Aquino ?
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm

Well, I found out he was there when we talked on the phone, and that's about all I know...
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 10:47 am

I talked with him several times and even invited him to one of our battle days so he could bring out 1 or 2 or more of his tanks.  But maybe next year I will try again.

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 11:27 am

Were you going to modify the Leo2 to a full 2A6M CAN version?
Upgraded hull armour, added slat Armour, Barracuda camouflage system?
Plus the extras? Storage box for the C8s, ECM system?

Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Leo2a610
Image of the 2A6M without the Barracuda cover...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 11:30 am

With the Barracuda cover...
Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Leo2a611
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 11:01 am

Jarlath wrote:
Were you going to modify the Leo2 to a full 2A6M CAN version?
Upgraded hull armour, added slat Armour, Barracuda camouflage system?
Plus the extras? Storage box for the C8s, ECM system?

Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Leo2a610
Image of the 2A6M without the Barracuda cover...

Unfortunately, that's a bit beyond me at the moment.  But, it is certainly an option for the future.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 am

Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Leopar10

Available from Ludwigs. I bought one for my Leo 2A6 about 4-5 years ago, for when I finally get around to building it... Currently 94 Euros on their site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question   Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modding a Heng Long Leopard to a 2A6M question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-