Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Bad for me, good for you! I_vote_lcapBad for me, good for you! I_voting_barBad for me, good for you! I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Bad for me, good for you! I_vote_lcapBad for me, good for you! I_voting_barBad for me, good for you! I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Bad for me, good for you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stince
General
General
Stince

Bad for me, good for you! Empty
PostSubject: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Good news for all the competitors this year!!!  My main fighting tank, the KV-1, is out of action for the seeable future.  One of the gearboxes is kaput, 4 teeth broke off one of the gears.   Sad

Now the fun part of trying to track down a replacement gearbox.  If anyone has one they looking to unload or have any info where I can get one let me know.  Don't care if it's a left or right side, I can take it apart and use the one gear I need.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 5:16 pm

I know you probably don't want to spend that much but the tank museum has a replacement gearbox for a Tamiya Kv-1

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4205036
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 5:31 pm

I thought about them but I thought someone said they were closing.

Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 5:34 pm

The shop is apparently operating as normal. If you do order from them don't use the UPS option. The USPS option looks more expensive but believe me it isn't and normally USPS packages avoid any Canadian taxes
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2023 6:05 pm

They are going to sell until they run out. So if they have it in stock you are good to go. Also see if it is shared with another model (obviously KV-2 but maybe one or two others) and look under them. Failing that you can probably try AFV or rctank.de.

You might be able to find a Taigen replacement if you are good.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 8:38 am

How did you break that tank of a tank?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 3:16 pm

I do have a partial Tamiya gearbox repair kit that might have what you need in it...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 3:46 pm

Wait, Dean I think you gave me the Tamiya gearbox repair kit. I just remember it. 

I can bring it out next time. Not this Saturday unfortunately.

Alternatively I can give it to Martin to bring it if Stince you are plannign on being there this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 3:54 pm

Did I??? LOL! OK

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 10:11 pm

Mike if can find them that would be great! Not sure if I'll be in Kitchener this weekend yet though.

I tried ordering the replacement set at AAF, which is less then half the price of full new box, but there on backorder. They're also on backorder at Axels Modellbau too. Those were the only places that I could find that were selling the sets.

What has happen to ebay? I remember you could anything and everything on there from all over the globe.  Now is seems no matter how I phase it or what filters I change, it the same overpriced useless crap.  No

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 10:17 pm

Jarlath wrote:
How did you break that tank of a tank?

A lot of effort and a little bit of luck!  thumbs up     

.... but it may been helped with a rock wedged deep in the drive sprocket.

Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 9:36 am

Stince wrote:
A lot of effort and a little bit of luck!  thumbs up     

.... but it may been helped with a rock wedged deep in the drive sprocket.
That will do it!

If you cannot find one, I need a driveshaft to fix my Tamiya gearbox set! Cannot remember which side it was right now...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 9:09 pm

Stince let me know what you need and I will go thru the repair kit that Dean gave me and see if there is replacement bits.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 5:39 pm

MikeC wrote:
Stince let me know what you need and I will go thru the repair kit that Dean gave me and see if there is replacement bits.

Sorry Mike, little slow getting back to you.  Here are the pictures of the busted gear.  Hopefully you have it.

Bad for me, good for you! Img_7710
Bad for me, good for you! Img_7711
Bad for me, good for you! Img_7712

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 11:43 pm

Well Stince this is the closest I can find. If you can tell me the length and the size of the hex shaft than I can confirm in. Mine is 18T so if yours is 14T then we are good.

Bad for me, good for you! Img_4812
Bad for me, good for you! Img_4813
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2023 5:07 pm

you need a dentist you have teeth missing
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 9:47 am

Hey MikeC. I think they are the same...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 3:50 pm

I think so too Mike but now only if the guy which actually needs this would logon on and acknowledge it. It appears that everyone else has read this and in agreement other than the OP.

Derek, when you logon let me know if you want me to mail it to you so you missed a beat for the next battle day.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 8:33 pm

Sorry MikeC, yes I know I should try to logon more.   Sad

Big Mike is correct, it's the same gear.  If your able to mail it, that would be great, If not I can pick it up at the next battleday.

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 9:15 pm

No problem Derek please PM me your postal address.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 8:18 pm

After a busy week, I was finally able to get the new gear installed that MikeC sent, once again thank you so much that.

The new gear was a perfect fit, but the gearbox was spinning kinda clunky. 
So after tearing the gearbox all part and inspecting the gears individually I was able to fine the reason.  The gear above that interlocked with the gear that had the broken teeth is the culprit.  The teeth have worn down and is causing the other gear to catch or skip.

Bad for me, good for you! Img_7811

Bad for me, good for you! Img_7810

So the Beast is still sidelined for the season.  Sad

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 8:59 pm

Okay you now you need that gear ? I am sure I have it but maybe you shod check all the gears ? I also notice I accept a complete spare gearbox laying around as well as the repair kit which contains a number of different gears.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2023 10:07 pm

Yeah, I took the whole gearbox apart and checked them under my magnifying lamp, and that gear was only one defective. If you have one Mike that would be great, I would gladly pay you for it and the other gear you sent me.

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2023 4:02 pm

I dropped the gear off with Martin but it looks like I wlll make it after all. Have to goto Guelph to see my son so Weill come for the morning and also pick up my Sherman from Dean/trailer.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 9:40 pm

Once again with MikeC help, the KV-1 looks to be running again.  

So the BEAST is BacK! viking  See you at the next battleday.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad for me, good for you!   Bad for me, good for you! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad for me, good for you!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next