Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit I_vote_lcapVandra M3 Lee/Grant kit I_voting_barVandra M3 Lee/Grant kit I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit I_vote_lcapVandra M3 Lee/Grant kit I_voting_barVandra M3 Lee/Grant kit I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Empty
PostSubject: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 2:02 pm

Still waiting for my next projects floating across the Atlantic from Germany (Over a month now by boat) so looked into my collection and decided to give this one a go. It is a Vandra kit that I got from Dean who added the Heng Long lower and proper hollow bogies. The Grant option is just not right. I sanded the hell out of the Vandra Grant turret down to paper thin and it is still not the right shape so Lee it is. I think the front slope of the turret is wrong, but it is much closer to the real thing than the Grant. Heng Long Sherman comes with Hi/Lo gearboxes so will not work at all as the right side where the side mount 75mm is basically flat to the transmission cover. Also tried a Mato lower which has lower profile gearboxes but still won't do it. From what I have seen most people who build this has to make an opening on the upper to allow for the gearbox and then cover it up with either sand bags or wooden boxes, but lucky enough as last resort I got a low profile short shaft Heng Long gearbox from Matomart and it worked reasonably well, enough that I can sand down the upper but not have to make an opening so I am a very happy camper.

Have no idea what to do with all the elevations and rotations of the 37mm and the 75mm but that is for another day. Here is the mock-up for now. It will likely not be battle worthy and just a shelf queen and an oddity Sherman lower variants that I suddenly find myself building lots of (the M12 GMC and the Calliope). 

Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Dscn2937
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Dscn2936
Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Dscn2935
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 4:50 pm

Looks cool as hell, too bad it can't be battle operational. Yea the German shipping thing is ridiculous. I ordered a Taigen Tiger lower with the motors and gearboxes and all the late model wheels and drive sprockets and idlers and new gearboxes for my Panther and some other stuff late Sunday and early Monday from Forgebear in the UK. I received them at 1pm today. Compared to the 2 months it will take for a tiny box with some Schumo MG34's and some buckets to come from Germany by sea even though I paid for air.
Back to top Go down
dougjobe
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2023 7:03 am

Mike would you pm me thanks Doug
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 7:09 pm

I got the same kit off Dean too about a year ago. Started late this summer plucking away at it, might have it ready in time for Oshawa next year at the speed I'm going. 

Had no issues with the gearboxes, had some low profiles in my spare parts bin, have no idea where they came from.  The problem I'm have at the moment is there a small gap between the tranny cover and the upper hull.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 11:01 pm

Here is the turret function and the "rotation" on the 75mm. The 37mm suppose to have more range so I have to check out the servo arm and see what is going on there. Stince, I have the same issue between the upper and lower and you can see I have a filler strip to mend the gap. That's really the only way you can fix it as far as I can tell.

Back to top Go down
dougjobe
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2023 9:36 am

very nice Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 2:38 pm

The M3 now has a new owner.........  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smittyburger
Private

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Nice work Mike! … as always. Final destination will be quite happy!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
dougjobe
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 1:30 pm

got to say yes I am happy with the m3 was my sons favorate glad to finaly find one thanks to Mike Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit   Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vandra M3 Lee/Grant kit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1