Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Cults has a M3 Grant now
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 12:08 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» 3D Print tank #2 from China - Nashorn.
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby ZackM Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:34 am

» TongDe M109A2 Paladin from Dean's order
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:01 am

» Good deal on a Taigen KV-1
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:22 am

» Amazing RC Tank Field
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:57 am

» CLARK BOARD ORDER #13
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:53 am

» BATTLE WEEKEND SEPT 6-7-8!!! Ed Reimer Memorial Weekend Battle!
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:15 pm

» Aquino Oshawa 2024 video
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:49 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe I_vote_lcapUnboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe I_voting_barUnboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe I_vote_lcapUnboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe I_voting_barUnboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Maczek
Shoveler74
Stormin Norman

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Empty
PostSubject: Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe   Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 8:00 pm

So I was hooked on the Churchill when I first saw the sample tank that Dean had ages ago. I had just bought my FoA 1/6 Sherman and was busy disassembling it @ Dean's warehouse.

But my personal one finally arrived today! (With my Centurion!).

So lets get to the unboxing of the TongDe Churchill! (Not as heavy as the Centurion BTW...)

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2112
Oh look... Instructions... Yeah.. That goes in the garbage already! LOL....

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2111
A box of accessories and a small selection of sprue items... Hmmm... Is that something under the sprue?

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2113
There it is... There is hardly any space to put a finger in there to get a hold of the Churchill to remove it.
That is alot of tape...

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2116
Slow tank designed for infantry support (Yay, stupid British war doctrine...) But a nice looking specimen!

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2115
This thing has hatches on almost every side of it....

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2114
The butt end has a large opening currently.. Must be a piece on the sprues shown earlier...

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2117
It was the suspension that draws me to this tank... Just so different....

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2119
Each roadwheel is flanged to attempt to keep the tracks staying on...

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2118
I have a feeling this thing will be either great at keeping tracks, or jam them continuously...

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2122
No battery access underneath... I have a bad feeling...

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2120
Did we mention the huge number of teeth o the main drive sprocket? 2 teeth per link.

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2121
The front idler has lots of teeth as well... 

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2124
Did I mention hatches? two in rear deck covering gearboxes... two double hatches in the turret. One for IR, the other for nothing...

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2125
Each side sponson has a hatch... Into the abyss if you dare!

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2123
Two double hatches above the driver/bow gunner positions. Nice to see, but WHY?

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2127
The final hatch, resin printed, in the front for the main power. Flimsy and painted like an afterthought.
So glad there are no more hatches.... Or???

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Img_2126
That is the final "hatch" on the tank's front glacis. The battery is too large to remove due to the bow mounted MG.

There were only four things about the Churchill that I am not a fan off.
  • Battery Access is GARBAGE... SO glad I plan on magnetizing the hull together...
  • The plethora of hatches! So many magnets to use to keep them closed... A couple are nice, but way too many that have ZERO accessibility to anything.
  • The tracks... Tons of flashing that will hopefully wear off when running.
  • The turret is pretty loose, aka it can shift on the upper hull easily and a couple mm front to back, side to side...

But another sexy beast in my stable of incomplete projects... er.... tanks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Hammertime999999999
Major
Major
Hammertime999999999

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe   Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 9:13 pm

Nice review!
Back to top Go down

Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1