Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:26 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:08 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Churchill Crocodile I_vote_lcapChurchill Crocodile I_voting_barChurchill Crocodile I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Churchill Crocodile I_vote_lcapChurchill Crocodile I_voting_barChurchill Crocodile I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

Churchill Crocodile

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Churchill Crocodile Empty
PostSubject: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 8:49 am

Apparently first production batch is delayed from TongDe with Carson but I managed to convinced him to sell me his prototype.  Churchill Crocodile 1f600  

Churchill Crocodile 42536810
Churchill Crocodile 42538110
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 9:48 am

LOL. Flamethrower version...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Anyone had any idea how I can build a mini flame thrower ? A spray and a light trigger ? I used to do that with a spray can when I was young and stupid. 

Now that I am old and stupid, I wonder if it will work.
Back to top Go down
Smittyburger
Private

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 pm

Oh Boy!!!! …. Medic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 6:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 6:36 pm

It is a little big currently... But I'm sure I can make one from a smaller setup Smile LOL
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 6:43 pm

Thanks totally. Just a small butane. I can make this work. Just nobody gets in front of it.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 7:08 pm

I could see there being less and less German soldier figures needing to be boxed up and put in the trailer after each battle day with that running around the field Churchill Crocodile 1f600
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 7:26 pm

Churchill Crocodile Face-melting-indiana-jones

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 8:04 pm

Actually the most difficult part is the ignitor, but if I keep a small flame going in the front then all you need is just actuation on a small butane refuel spray and Bob is your uncle.

I am seriously considering building this. Too bad the Churchill is not all metal. Would be safer that way.
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 6:28 am

Time to bring marshmallows to battledays!
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 7:05 am

MikeC wrote:
Actually the most difficult part is the ignitor, but if I keep a small flame going in the front then all you need is just actuation on a small butane refuel spray and Bob is your uncle.

I am seriously considering building this. Too bad the Churchill is not all metal. Would be safer that way.

There’s gotta be a better way than having a pilot light on all the time!

Disposable lighter and a servo to activate flow with another servo to create spark?
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 7:26 am

Mike is going to have to increase his tank budget to pay for replacing everybody’s melted hulls. Wish I knew how to produce an exploding rocket bomb for the Sturmtiger to keep up in the arms race
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 10:34 am

I will only shoot at full metal tanks........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 2:18 pm

So there is tons of option for mechanical ignators for BBQ and Fire pits and stuff. Wonder how they work. Where is Big Mike ?  :-) Then there is electrical ones but they need 120V.......... If I have 120V on the tank I don't need a flame thrower. I can just zip the other tank.

Churchill Crocodile 61e0mi10
Churchill Crocodile 51uc8g10
Churchill Crocodile 51owek10
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 8:13 pm

LOL... Do you really want me to find it for you and how to make it work? Cause I will Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 8:42 am

I do actually. But I need to figure out how to safely work on this without burning down anything.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 11:00 am

I have an idea... I'll need to get a soldering torch to use as the butane source/tank and valve. Also the igniter...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:56 pm

I think I can use the ignitor in this video by shorting a battery with on/off and then the servo push of a butane fuel refill from the video you posted. It will be a small container to fill in the chassis.

The ignitor can be hidden under the metal shield like the real thing that I need to build

Churchill Crocodile Church10
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2024 10:51 pm

This is what I used to do to kill flies and mosquitos when I was a kid.

Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm

I told my wife about this project, and she had an idea for a safe way to simulate a flame thrower.  Assuming I'm passing this on correctly, what you do is have a smoke generator pushing a lot of smoke down the barrel, with a strong light in the barrel to light up the smoke.

No idea of how well it would work, but it seemed worth passing on...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 8:23 pm

Robert B. Marks wrote:
I told my wife about this project, and she had an idea for a safe way to simulate a flame thrower.  Assuming I'm passing this on correctly, what you do is have a smoke generator pushing a lot of smoke down the barrel, with a strong light in the barrel to light up the smoke.

No idea of how well it would work, but it seemed worth passing on...

Good idea but not nearly enough. Here is a video of that I think she has in mind. Check out 15:40 onwards.

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2024 12:32 pm

The Churchill Crocodile has landed. Looks like there is already provision for flame thrower....... Very Happy 

Churchill Crocodile Img_5232
Churchill Crocodile Img_5233
Churchill Crocodile Img_5231
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2024 3:13 pm

Smoke machine for the front Mg/Flamethrower?

Nice looking Churchill, I'd be interested to see the mounting of the bogies. 

Looks like it needs a bit of frame stiffening though.
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2024 4:11 pm

I’d like to see how it does roasting marshmallows or s’mores!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Churchill Crocodile   Churchill Crocodile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Churchill Crocodile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next