Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 7:03 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Shoveler74 Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 I_vote_lcapCan-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 I_voting_barCan-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 

Can-Am Battleday October 2014?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 am

Fine Mike, I will be shipping all my tanks to your maintenance depot for conversion! LOL! Just kidding!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:38 am

The main problem I think is the stock HL on/off wiring on a double pole switch. The proper wiring of a switch should be that either connects or dis-connect the neg(-) wire. However, the way they wired the HL switches is that they cheat and use the double pole switch also as a connection for the Pos and the Neg for the battery. So basically you have both Neg and Pos soldering points on this cheaply made switch so if your soldering is bad, or if the switch breaks, you are basically connecting Pos and Neg together, fried either the board or the battery or both.

Single pole switches forces you to only break one connection between the Neg (-) so in theory you can never fried anything. It will just either have power, or no power.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:46 am

Mike, do you have a recommended source for that switch?

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 am

Freaky and I both shopped at Sayal (One of those Super Electronic Parts Store here) but I am not sure if they have it in Fort Erie. I am pretty sure Radio Shack/The Source also carry them but will cost more. I will look into it.

Otherwise I can grab a bunch and bring it out for the next battle day. Like I said they also come in round base so if you don't have a rectangle openings it would be easier to just drill a hole and put the round ones in.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=computer-parts&product=2750693

This is where I get it from:

http://www.sayal.com/zinc/zinc_SEARCH.asp?txtSEARCH=rocker+switch&x=20&y=20
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks, Mike

I will see if I can find them locally, if not, I might just take you up on that offer.

What is the hook up diagram for soldering the two red and two black wires to the contacts on that switch?

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Taigen Tiger I switch.

I just took a look at the switch on the Taigen Tiger I, it is under the radio operators hatch.

The stock switch that comes with the tank does look to be identical to the HL switch, I am wondering if that is a concern?

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:48 pm

hachleopard2 wrote:
Battle day October 26 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMGTuJUpS0M&list=UUBy0mJDZgV4HpgVnoMb3V3w
Thx for the video.I was disappointed that we could not make it for this last event of the year.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:38 am

Strato50 wrote:
Thanks for coming out everybody! It was windy, and cold but we survived. No sunburn either!

Alas it seems to be true and my tanks are not infallible. My T-34 erupted into flames before it's maiden battle... oh boy! I will investigate the cause and update those interested parties on what happened. 

If anyone has a source for better main power switches, please share!
I will tag on here.
I have two problems I would like to run by everyone one may be easy the other was almostb fatal twice the night before tank day.

1) I have a Taigen tiger 1 and a Taigen Tigerturm both with clark boards.
Both work but during operation both will shut off, then i turn off the relative switches and restart and they both work.
the timing for the shut off is sporadic so I can not say it is one minute or ten minutes.
I have had this happen at least 5 times.

Any ideas ??

2) I have had 3 instances of melting wires ( My T55 ), one ( Back in the spring)  I was totally responsible for I plugged a wire into the wrong port on the clark board and very quickly had smoke and melting plastic in a bundle of wires. I pulled the offending plug out of the board complete with the board pins. Curtis helped me out and got the board fixed and helped with the wiring and it was OK until the night before tank day.

I charged the battery and plugged it into the battery cable ( with both switches off )and almost instantly the battery wires going to the board started to smoke and melt.
I cut the burnt section off and installed a new plug and wire, plugged the battery in and smoke started to come from a spot closer to the board.

Any more ideas ??

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 2:17 pm

Lincs Winks Wayne wrote:
Strato50 wrote:
Thanks for coming out everybody! It was windy, and cold but we survived. No sunburn either!

Alas it seems to be true and my tanks are not infallible. My T-34 erupted into flames before it's maiden battle... oh boy! I will investigate the cause and update those interested parties on what happened. 

I will tag on here.
I have two problems I would like to run by everyone one may be easy the other was almostb fatal twice the night before tank day.

Both work but during operation both will shut off, then i turn off the relative switches and restart and they both work.
the timing for the shut off is sporadic so I can not say it is one minute or ten minutes.

Any ideas ??

2) I have had 3 instances of melting wires ( My T55 ), one ( Back in the spring)  I was totally responsible for I plugged a wire into the wrong port on the clark board and very quickly had smoke and melting plastic in a bundle of wires. I pulled the offending plug out of the board complete with the board pins. Curtis helped me out and got the board fixed and helped with the wiring and it was OK until the night before tank day.

I charged the battery and plugged it into the battery cable ( with both switches off )and almost instantly the battery wires going to the board started to smoke and melt.
I cut the burnt section off and installed a new plug and wire, plugged the battery in and smoke started to come from a spot closer to the board.

Any more ideas ??

Wayne
Wayne,
The T55 board I need to take a look at. I have seen a few instances of wires getting hot, I am not positive but there may be a defective diode on your board. Only way to know for sure is if i desolder the diode and compare, I actually have replacements here ready to roll so if you would send me the board please.

With regard to the Tiger and Tigerturms I have no idea why that would happen. It could be that there is a loose connection somewhere or a cold solder joint that disconnects. Either way I would love to take a peak at them and see this, quite possibly I can repair whatever boogeyman your systems have.
Curtis
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Freakydude wrote:
Lincs Winks Wayne wrote:
Strato50 wrote:

I will tag on here.

Any ideas ??

Any more ideas ??

Wayne
Wayne,
The T55 board I need to take a look at. I have seen a few instances of wires getting hot, I am not positive but there may be a defective diode on your board. Only way to know for sure is if i desolder the diode and compare, I actually have replacements here ready to roll so if you would send me the board please.

With regard to the Tiger and Tigerturms I have no idea why that would happen. It could be that there is a loose connection somewhere or a cold solder joint that disconnects. Either way I would love to take a peak at them and see this, quite possibly I can repair whatever boogeyman your systems have.
Curtis
I am coming to Angus on Saturday, is there any chance you would like the whole tank or just the board.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Wayne,
T55 just the board is good
Tiger - Whole tank is better as I will want to trace ALL the connections. Lets hope its a simple thing.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Strato50 wrote:
Freakydude wrote:
12 amp 125 volt single pole rocker switches how many you guys want?

Can we forget about mounting them into the former HL switch cutout under the tank?

It'd be nice but I'm going to assume a much higher rated switch just won't fit there.

Jordan,

Check this out........ "Rated" for 20 seconds on fire and still works.

http://tankarmy.com/heng-long-tank/product_info.php/improved-power-cable-kit-for-heng-long-116-rc-tanks-p-1497?osCsid=j7ennl4d2skf97920uepnr3au3

Mike.
Back to top Go down
hachleopard2
Captain
Captain
hachleopard2

PostSubject: How to block track recoil on Heng Long tanks   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:50 am

How to block track recoil on Heng Long tanks. This is easy way

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447734
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Battleday October 2014?   Can-Am Battleday October 2014? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can-Am Battleday October 2014?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5