Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:26 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:08 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived I_vote_lcapPromise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived I_voting_barPromise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived I_vote_lcapPromise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived I_voting_barPromise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Empty
PostSubject: Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived   Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 10:15 am

So, with the Stugs arriving at Matomart, I was able to properly keep my promise to my daughter after all - Team Hippo from Girls und Panzer has arrived.

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived 11242113

Some notes about the tank itself - this is the 7.0 version of the HL control board.  Supposedly it is properly Tamiya IR compatible, although I have no way of testing that at the moment.  I was able to test it with the T-34 and the smaller HL 1/30 tanks, and it can play properly with both.  IR signal bouncing got interesting during the test, though - more than once, the T-34 or Stug managed to hit the smaller Sherman beside or behind it (deflection shot, I guess?).  The T-34 found it very easy to hit the Stug, but not the other way around unless it was oriented towards the side of the T-34, which we're guessing has to do with the turret geometry of the T-34 (a test of the sensors found both that were used of sufficient sensitivity to register hits).  Since I had to cannibalize the batteries from the Tiger remote to power the Stug remote, the Tiger 1 was not part of the test.

Speaking of batteries, this tank only takes the physically smaller ones.  Based on the manual, it looks like this is the case for all of the Panzer III HL variants.

As far as the 7.0 control board goes, I like what I see so far.  Setting aside the Tamiya compatibility, I REALLY liked the ability to turn off the airsoft gun via the remote control.  It also has some additional control features to make the tank more realistic, and you can set things like how hard it breaks.  The sound selection was a bit odd, though - supposedly Heng Long decided to improve the sound fidelity, which meant that the extra data left room for only two sound sets on the board.  On this one, the first option (and the one it defaults to) is the M1 Abrams, which uses a jet engine.  So, it's an interesting experience turning the tank on for the first time and hearing that sound come out of it.  Happily, the second sound set IS a proper diesel engine.

The only issue that goes beyond a minor quibble has to do with the chassis itself.  To my surprise, the chassis is not sealed where the upper chassis connects to the lower chassis, and you can see daylight through the tank just above the tracks.  This is not the case with either of the other two tanks I own.  What it means, functionally, is that I'll have to be careful not to drive the tank outdoors in wet conditions.  It probably will have some benefit in preventing the tank from overheating, though.

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived 11242114

Still, it's a nice tank, very fun to drive around (and drift on the floor, which is a very GuP thing to do), and my daughter is delighted by it (which is the most important thing).  Promise kept in full, at last.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived   Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Nice Rob........HL electronics are getting better and better so at some point it will be a viable option for some, particularly when it comes with the tanks  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived   Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 10:17 am

I did notice how small your hippo is... Always LOL'd at the "Kiss my Hippo's butt" logo

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived 83wbug10
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived   Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 10:19 am

LOL... The damned built in censorship is strong on the forum. Typed in A S S and it auto corrected to butt. I thought I had spelled the three letter word first and then when it did it a 2nd time... Sigh... STINCE! Turn that BS off!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived   Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 10:23 am

Jarlath wrote:
I did notice how small your hippo is... Always LOL'd at the "Kiss my Hippo's butt" logo

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived 83wbug10

Not by choice, I'm afraid.  I couldn't find that particular decal in 1/16 scale, at least not in any way that was actually affordable.

Actually, finding the right decals for the tank was an adventure all of its own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived   Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promise to daughter fully kept after all - Team Hippo has arrived

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1