Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:26 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:08 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
New from Kitchener I_vote_lcapNew from Kitchener I_voting_barNew from Kitchener I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
New from Kitchener I_vote_lcapNew from Kitchener I_voting_barNew from Kitchener I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

New from Kitchener

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Krunch
Recruit
Captain Krunch

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 8:39 pm

Well... how's this going to turn out?  money money money

I visited the Waterloo battlefield last weekend and was quite impressed with the setup!!!
The people there were receptive and open to explaining the basics to me. I am very interested!

Questions:

1) Is there a membership fee? Are there battle game fees? I'm thinking you must be renting that area.

2) What's involved with joining otherwise?

3) I'm totally new to the RC world. I read somewhere in here that buying a used unit first, 'to cut your teeth on' is best. Thoughts?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Rob K.
Captain Krunch
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 10:21 pm

Welcome Rob

I'm sure some of the other members will be along to answer your questions on here but Mitch and I will be up at the field Sunday doing some work and running some tanks from about 9 to probably 2 or 3. While I don't sell tanks, just buy them you are more than welcome to run some of the ones I'll have up there on the field and we can answer your questions better there. I was the same as you 18 months ago as far as rc experience and now I have 12 tanks:D
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 12:33 am

Welcome Rob ! Last weekend was amazing and we certainly had lots of exposure. Not to be peddling my ware, but I am selling couple tanks right now. You can see it in the For Sale section of the forum if you are interested. They are not the beginning type price, but both are RTB (Ready to Battle).

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 9:11 am

Welcome to the forum Rob
Tom
Back to top Go down
Maczek
Private

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 10:18 am

Welcome Rob.
You may see me on Sunday, as usually doing some work on the field and running my tanks...
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 12:10 pm

Welcome to the addiction! You've come to a great place. On the forum you'll find a wealth of knowledge. Feel free to ask questions. Someone will have an answer for you. 
I you are looking for a tank to get started with, there are several available within the club. I know that Dean just posted a few on another site as well. 
Cheers!

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 2:15 pm

Captain Krunch wrote:
Well... how's this going to turn out?  money money money

I visited the Waterloo battlefield last weekend and was quite impressed with the setup!!!
The people there were receptive and open to explaining the basics to me. I am very interested!

Questions:

1) Is there a membership fee? Are there battle game fees? I'm thinking you must be renting that area.

2) What's involved with joining otherwise?

3) I'm totally new to the RC world. I read somewhere in here that buying a used unit first, 'to cut your teeth on' is best. Thoughts?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Rob K.
Captain Krunch
I'm going to go in reverse order for you.

Q3. Most of us have started with the cheapest possible tanks we could get our hands on (Except for Martin who just finally downgraded from a Tamiya)... A couple options.
  • Used Heng Long Tank ($100-$200), upgraded to Tamiya Battle Standards ($200), plus miscellaneous stuff ($0-200)
  • Purchase a used battle ready tank ($400-1000), See some of the ads put up by the members.
  • Purchase a new tank ($250-800) (Non Tamiya), upgraded to Tamiya Battle Standards ($200)
  • Purchase a new tank ($1000+) (Tamiya)

• Then purchase an IR receiver (maybe emitter as well) from Dean.

You can upgrade tanks to heck and also "detail them" to look phenomenal.

Q2. Show up! Battle!

Q1. For the KW field there is one of two options. Join the WRG club, or pay every  time you battle. There is a thread on the forum that has those details.
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t3043-the-club-the-future

Last edited by Jarlath on Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 2:43 pm

Hey Rob,

Welcome to the Can Am RC Tanking family!

Mitch
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 7:08 pm

Big Mike. You are still the king on individual cost! Did you see Armortek is releasing the Panther again?

Recruit
Captain Krunch

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies!!!
Also, thanks for the invite on Sunday. I may or may not make it out as I'm in The Terry Fox Run tomorrow.
I wouldn't have a problem with the WRG membership fee (next year). The pay as you battle option is nice too.

Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 8:17 pm

If you can't make it tomorrow there is a scheduled battle day next Saturday
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Which brings me to... see next post!!! :-)

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 am

Shoveler74 wrote:
Big Mike. You are still the king on individual cost! Did you see Armortek is releasing the Panther again?

LOL... I still have not even cracked the boxes open of mine... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Sponsored content

New from Kitchener Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Kitchener   New from Kitchener Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New from Kitchener

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1