Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
New emitter type Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
New emitter type I_vote_lcapNew emitter type I_voting_barNew emitter type I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
New emitter type I_vote_lcapNew emitter type I_voting_barNew emitter type I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

New emitter type

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 9:25 pm

Hey Guys,

there is something to be said for barrel emitters. they go with your elevation, they don't have to look over anything, and if you have it in the mantlet the barrel can actually block the beam. (I know just watch my Hungary 44 Panther! ) But the drawback for me has always been you have that wire always there and you have to have a variety of bodies for the different barrel diameters...

But Big Mike came up with this little gizmo that solves a lot of issues. It is held on simply with an elastic and on this particular tank I mounted the receiving plug in the old IR emitter in the mantlet. So, when not using the IR easy removal and keeps the model looking like a model... :-)New emitter type 20230712

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 am

Ready for your mass consumption! LOL.
I actually looked at 2 versions. 
1. The one shown in Dean's image, which is similar to the turret magnetic mount in construction (20mm tube around the LED, imbedded into the 3D printed mount).
2. On that is designed like a Tamiya emitter holder for retaining the IR LED, but with the same barrel attachment. I put this onto Derek's Comet.

BTW that is a smart looking small turret Panther!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 11:01 pm

The detachable emitter is an even better idea for Tamiyas. It would allow a longer more easily routed emitter cable inside their ridiculously crowded turrets which would stop a lot of problems with the emitter wire bunging up rotation and elevation. I love it and wouldn't mind trying it on one of my more troublesome Tamiyas. Whether you want to go up into the rat's nest to install is another thing although with enough extra length cable I would be happy to figure out the installation myself
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 5:36 pm

Not quite sold on the idea; what does the emitter look like when it’s unplugged?
Do you see the white female end of the connector in the hole or is it recessed enough that you don’t?
Just wondering...
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 5:37 pm

Yay another Fing double post; honest I swear I’m not doing it on purpose...
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 9:21 am

Normally I would use a magnet or drill out something to hid the connection but because this is a full metal turret magnet wouldn't quite work and drilling a hole somewhere didn't appeal to me so did it as this. As you can see not too bad when unplugged. Just looks like some new fangled German technology gun sight... :-)
New emitter type 20230811
New emitter type 20230810

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 10:39 am

Maybe a suggestion?

Use the matching connector, cut leads off it and fab up something like a sight cover that can be plugged into the connector when emitter not in use?
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 11:35 am

Hammertime999999999 wrote:
Fixed that for you... (Subconsciously I think you are!)
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 11:43 am

Maybe a suggestion?

Use the matching connector, cut leads off it and fab up something like a sight cover that can be plugged into the connector when emitter not in use?
Using this concept you can use the same emitter for multiple tanks, akin to the apples. You just need to ensure the external harness length is sufficient for the models you plan on using it with. Just an idea.

That is what has been done on vehicles that have multiple hatches on the turret. You could use a female connector end and fab up a cover can then plug that assembly into the exposed male connector on the  turret.

The post is actually about the new emitter mount itself. The routing/length of wiring is really semantics.
However, if you want to have a single cable from a barrel mounted emitter, through a turret opening and connected directly to the board (like a Tamiya!) that is fine too!
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 4:13 pm

Jarlath wrote:
Fixed that for you... (Subconsciously I think you are!)

Thank you Mike!

I figured out what I was doing to get the duplicate post, and yes it was haste on my behalf.

Me, wanting multiple/double posts to increase my post count and rank up, never!  Wink
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 6:55 pm

Mike the point I was making about wire length with Tamiyas was not about the overall or from external plug to barrel mount length but the whole internal issue with Tamiyas. Considering the overall cost of their model range they sure cheaped out on like an extra 2 cm length for their emitter wire. This causes huge problems as in the incredibly crowded turrets between the 2 ancient recoil and elevation mechanisms you have a garden hose sized flash wire with way too much length and then the TBU and it's IR wire. The IR emitter wire is sometimes as taut as a guitar string and interferes with the whole mess of  into the turret wires which then screws up the turret rotation and also the elevation. While I know you are thinking you have made things more convenient to switch between HL and Taigen Clark etc tanks I think it's a brilliant solution to what causes so much problems with Tamiyas once you put the battle system in

Also not sure if my Taigen Panther was the first one you did but I'll challenge anyone once i painted the outer emitter part to even find it considering where you placed it
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 9:10 am

New wires for full length IR Emitter/Flash LED harnesses. 30AWG silicone sleeve.
Twisted they are roughly 33cm long (~13"). Untwisted, 40cm (~15.5").
Setup for plugs used on Clark Boards.

New emitter type Ir_emi10
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 2:05 pm

They look great; that twist should make them more durable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New emitter type Empty
PostSubject: Re: New emitter type   New emitter type Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New emitter type

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1