Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
For the 3D nerds I_vote_lcapFor the 3D nerds I_voting_barFor the 3D nerds I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
For the 3D nerds I_vote_lcapFor the 3D nerds I_voting_barFor the 3D nerds I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Hilario

For the 3D nerds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Wall mount. A fancy internal thread with 4 screw holes to mount on the wall. $10 for STL file. Don't know the size of the thread. Purchased for $25

Magnetic Paddle stiffener. Holds a pair of magnets to give a more positive "click" when shifting. $8 for STL file. Likely 1-2 hours of print time, 4 magnets. Purchased for $33

Manual Torque ring for wheel securing. $8 for the STL file. Likely 1-2 hours of print time. Purchased for $20.

All depends on the time and effort it took to design and test. To me, my sell costs would be less than those retail costs, but I don't market myself. Plus it depends on the material used as well as what the internal fill (infil %) is.

Below is roughly what I would charge.
Wall mount is worth about $12.50-$15.00 in material/print time/wear & tear. Fairly large solid print.

Paddle shifters are harder to guage. Is it preassembled? If so, $7.50-$12.50 in material/print time/wear & tear, $5-10 in labour.

Torque ring is $5.00-7.50 in material/print time/wear & tear. It is a slide-on piece that is an easy print. By far the worst of the three in markup.

These prices would already assume that the designs had been formalized and tested for fit & finish. That alone can add a couple bucks for each pattern (Example is the 10+ prototypes for fit and functionality I did for my gen-1 recoil unit, which is a lot more complicated that those listed.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 12:01 am

So even with the file you still need to test print ? What is wear and tear ?

I thought the pedal shifts are one piece other than the magnet insert. Do you think it is printed on multiple pieces ? I am surprise that these are the most expensive ones (I shouldn't since he charges them the most). These are really the ones I am interested in.

Thanks for the pricing info !
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 am

I use ABS which has a shrinkage % depending on a multitude of factors. Size and shape being just a part of it. 
So yes testing in my case.

I've worn out 6 nozzles ($50) and replaced my print bed ($350) in the last 3 years. I'll likely need to replace/tension adjust my drive belts soon. My guess is 20 kg or so of ABS in 3 years.

Power outages & browns causing failed prints 6+ hours into an 8 hour print... Yay!

Again hard to visualise the shifters. Maybe very simple, or more complex. I dunno. Was a guess.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 9:30 am

Okay thanks !
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 12:34 pm

I took a better look at the paddle shifters.
2 identical pieces, each with a pair of magnets glued in place.

You still need adhesive double sided tape to affix the paddles to the back of the wheel. (Or glue).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For the 3D nerds Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the 3D nerds   For the 3D nerds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the 3D nerds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: The Lounge-