Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? I_vote_lcapAirbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? I_voting_barAirbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? I_vote_lcapAirbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? I_voting_barAirbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Empty
PostSubject: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:00 am

I need to start looking around for a replacement airbrush compressor and wanted to see what everyone is using, and where they bought them. 

Prior to late 2010, I had never used an airbrush, so I don't have any long term experience with the equipment.

I bought a Canadian Tire cheapie on sale back then because I wasn't sure I was going to stay with the hobby.  It is an oil-less unit.   I got my money's worth out of it, but I know it is on borrowed time.

Because of buying tanks, and other expensive hobbies, I am interested in the best price/quality compromise I can get.  I understand the benefits of the $300.00+ units but want to balance that against the reality that I don't actually run one all that often.

A quiet unit would be nice, but not a necessity.

Does anyone have any experience with the units in the $100 to $200 range, here;  http://hobbyhobby.com/store/category/56/275/Compressors/

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:25 am

Glen,
I have the badger single piston, and I have a 7 hp industrial. the best of the 2 is the industrial but that is because I have it fitted with dessicant filters, 2 pressure gauge ( one for air brushing and one for my tools etc ) etc. The little guy I find is quiet but it gets hot and the airflow is hard to adjust because the pressure needle is always reading the peaks and valleys of the piston cycle

Those units are good but I would recommend getting a tank with it and then having your pressure gauge and filter set up between the tank and the airbrush, At  least 12" from the tank. That will give you the best most consistant and driest air possible.
The tank is just a reservoir so you can use any brand or size to fill it and keep the pressure up.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks, Curtis

The selection will be a bit of a "process", I have some time to gather info and make an informer decision.........................unless the present one decides to crater, suddenly Shocked

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:21 am

Hi Glen,

I run Iwata and picked it up off Kijiji for $100.00 (was about $300 new) It also came with a no name airbrush that I sold for $25.00! You can find all sorts of these small units from, believe it or not, idiot girls who think they can make a living doing fingernails! Razz 
This unit has a proper regulator/water trap so I don't have too many problems with moisture. Also the compressor is really quiet. I can run it in my basement and you can't even hear it upstairs. I have mine adjusted for 14 psi and it is the most consistant pressure system I have ever seen on a small unit for sure. It does run hot but they are designed that way. I don't know how long it will last but I am going on 3 years now and it hasn't blown up yet! When it does I will probably do the same thing again. I use my airbrush at least once a week.....

Curtis's set up is an ideal one but if you just want to get cracking cheap take a look on kijijij for sure.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:26 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
Hi Glen,

I run Iwata and picked it up off Kijiji for $100.00 (was about $300 new) It also came with a no name airbrush that I sold for $25.00! You can find all sorts of these small units from, believe it or not, idiot girls who think they can make a living doing fingernails! Razz
I like the sound of that Very Happy 

Bless those youngsters with unrealistic expectations:lol:

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 pm

hey Glen was it one of those campbell and hausfeld i had one they have a 3 year repair warranty if you still have the bill i had mine and the guy at canadian Tire said it will be 14 days  i wait 16 days called the guy and he checked the parts were not even in yet so the guy said come down i'll just give you a new one  so now i have a new one  so good to keep those receipt i just use a Paasche H single action airbrush  hardly any moving parts it will last a lifetime

doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:13 pm

I just use my shop system its a 80 gallon 3 cyl Ingersoll rand I had a hard time regulating it down and to be stable with out pressure creep swing the shop runs at 150 psi and my airbrush and my gravity guns rairly see over 15 psi multiple regulators are used to enshur a steady manageable flow of dry air is supplied . And my air dryer cane from Ontario power generation its a raycor my step father used to work there now retired . Got it for me when they changed out for binks dryers all in all not a bad shop system and not realy expensive .
Back to top Go down
pzkpfw_steve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
pzkpfw_steve

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm

i bought a Mastercraft  aircompressor with 2 Gallon tank attached.  it can run 0-100 PSI without any issue.  it is loud as hell but I run the recoil hose form my back storage room under the closed door to my desk and then have the adapter on that.  that cuts down on noise quite a bit.

i got the Mastercraft Compressor on sale for $69.95 at, surprise surprise,  Canadian tire.

My Blog

Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Signature
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?   Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbrush Compressors, What's Everyone Using?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1