Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 10:51 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 I_voting_barSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 I_voting_barSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

SPRING TUNE UP DATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:10 am

Freakydude wrote:
Strato50 wrote:
HL apples are pretty lax in quality control. They seem inconsistent to say the least. 

There were a couple Clark tanks I set up and got working better also. 

I think Wayne was suffering from a blocked or broke HL apple on his new Panther (Mako board), I wish I could solve that one for him :/ 

Glen, I'm going to have to read your post again when I'm not exhausted Razz I'll work on a theory for you!

first generation Mako board, I bet there is nothing you can do but change the chip.

Wayne if you read this contact kevin @ RCTanksaustralia.com he used to exchange the chips as he can reflash them with new software.

I have bunch of MAKOs that has updated firmware for sale if anyone is interested. Not asking for much.
Back to top Go down
TRMN8ED
Private

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:35 am

I am good with either date......but whatever works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
Guys,
I have a quick question. I have access to an even bigger and better facility for our battles and it is a little less expensive than the new rate at Edelweiss. 
http://www.kitchenerschwabenclub.com/

Cool... a German club !   thumbs up 

Now I have a reason to wear my lederhosen.

SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Stop-demotivational-poster-1214604465

Hey Dean, do you know which hall they will be giving you yet?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:07 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
Guys,
I have a quick question. I have access to an even bigger and better facility for our battles and it is a little less expensive than the new rate at Edelweiss. 

We have an opening for March 15th a Sat. which I don't know about you guys but I would prefer to have the day after battleday off. Price would still be $10.00 a head but imagine the room we did have doubled in size lengthwise. So lets have a quick vote on this over the weekend please. Did I mention the beer is a little cheaper too? Solid hardwood floors no carpet, fun for drifting...
In my discussions with my contact I discussed this being a monthly thing as well so that won't be an issue.

Let me know what everybody thinks!

I am probably out on the 15th. Sat is usually bad and this is during March break which makes it double bad for me.

MikeC
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 am

Sorry MikeC :-( 

Stince, not quite sure yet. They have 5 of them. Should know the end of this weekend...

That picture is just.... Shocked

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Does it have better Wheelchair access than the other place? I'm good as long as Curtis has at least one of my tanks ready.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:29 am

I will double check on Tues. when I go there

Back to top Go down
Paul_B
Retired

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:04 am

Im Good with either venue. Just need a definitive date.
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:27 am

Need a definitive date to make Shur I am able to attend
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:14 pm

O.K. Gentlemen,

Here is the firm date! Saturday March 15th at the Schwaben Club in Kitchener. Start time access at 9:15. till 5:30. Full itinerary will be laid on this week and yes, will include Spring Tune Up items. 
Once again cost will be $10.00 per head. Small door prizes as well. 
I will know exactly which hall tomorrow night and will post that. 

Any questions at all let me know!

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: BATTLEDAY Equipment drop off   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey guys,

If you are coming in off the 401 when you come in off the expressway you come to the first light as you go through the hall is on the right and don't miss the drive way! There is Handicap parking there T and then just go up the ramp to the front door I will have it open. Rest of you guys stop there too and drop off your stuff before you go down the hill to park otherwise it's a long walk up the stairs with your gear to the hall! If you miss the driveway just go up to the next corner turn right and right again on Weber and the back entrance will be on your right with a big sign.

See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by dgsselkirk on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 pm

O.K. Guys,

Here is who I have confirmed so far:

MikeC
Paul_B
Negaduck
TRMN8ED
Stince (with Lederhosen)
Topher1266

Maybe's? 

Got a ways to go lads.

Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:42 pm

I'll be bringing Drew with me so there's another.
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 am

Will confirm later tonight got to check my agenda to make Shur
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Ok gets count me in confirmed I will be there Dean ..pm ... Me your number I have a idea .. and the directions to this place
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:48 am

doug818tiger wrote:
Ok gets count me in confirmed I will be there Dean ..pm ... Me your number I have a idea .. and the directions to this place
PM sent...

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Somethings have come up and I don't think I can make it now.  Sad 

....but if you want Dean I can mail you my lederhosen.  geek 

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Hey Dean ill fill you in with my idea when I get there I got the directions from the link you had there on your post thanks
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:47 am

I am a "maybe" at this point.

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi Guys,

We are all set for Saturday morning 9:30. Should be an excellent day weather wise plus 1 and very small chance of precipitation Friday, Saturday or Sunday. So come on out and shake off the winter rust. This will be a really nice big hall to battle in and I am hoping we can look at this for future regular use up here. 

I picked up my new digital stop watch for the 1/4 mile so we should be good to go for seeing the scale speed of our tanks. I am reviewing some battle scenarios in the next 2 days and will post some scenarios leaving room for Doug's. 

I just wanted to remind everyone that the battles will be going on all day and that people can just drift over and have their tanks looked at as the day goes on. IT IS NOT mandatory here to have your tank tested. This is purely an evaluation for you to know how your tank is performing and whether it meets the loose specs to properly battle that we have. also keep in mind because we are indoors on the emitter and receiver side of things it will just be a more rough "are they working" check rather than anything too precise especially on ranging of those devices.

Now, if we do have a low turn out, say less than 15, we will forget any organized  testing and just battle and drink beer! Anyone who wants to I will set up a little testing range and you can check things yourself...

Any questions, queries, suggestions fire away by all means and I hope to see you there!

TXS
Dean

Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm

I will not be able to attend this event.
That is unless the snow that is supposed to hit us Wednesday hangs around and keeps me in Fort Erie until Friday instead of going north to the cottage.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Dean we just have to go at it like we planed during. Summer
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:54 pm

nope, we need a full crowd and the BBQ. Patience Dougie, patience, you'll get your butt kicked soon enough... russian

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Greetings Guys,

Weather prediction for here just keeps getting better and better! Now 0 degrees cloudy but no chance of precipitation. 
I would like to announce the door prizes for this Saturday's battleday for the payment of your $10.00.

1. Avro Arrow large print

2. NEW Clark soundboard amplifier

3. NEW Hell on Wheels Sherman Tank T-shirt! 

I will have Tiger, T-34/85, and the New Hell on Wheels shirts for sale with a portion of the proceeds to the club as usual...

Last edited by dgsselkirk on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Preliminary Battle scenarios line up.   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Here is our schedule boys. Borrowed a couple from the board. Again depending on how many we get will depend on how we run the testing, but my plan is to do it while we battle. at the bare minimum we will set up the speed track so everyone can try it!

BATTLEDAY SCHEDULE 

Saturday March 15th 2014

***Please don’t forget your $10.00 payment in order to battle! This helps offset costs of the facility!

DOOR PRIZE: 
With your payment of $10.00 at the door to battle you will be entitled to a draw for: 

1.  Large size Avro Arrow Print 
2. New Clark sound board amplifier
3. New Hell on Wheels M4 Sherman T-shirt 

BATTLEDAY SCHEDULE:

Set up and open skirmish 9:30 to 10:30. 
this is to get the bugs out and test your emitter but more importantly, your receiver to make sure I can kill you! 

1. First scenario 10:30 to 11:00: 
This will be a simple warm up, 2 teams battle till you die one winner!

15 min. break

Tank Commander Battle 11:15-11:45:

The Set-up:
Divide into 2 teams, each starting in opposite corners. Each team then secretly decides which member of their team is the tank commander.

The Rules: 
Teams must knock out the opposing team’s tank commander before their own is knocked out.

The Win: 

Play until one team is completely knocked out.  As long as the tank commander is still alive, members from their team are allowed to keep respawning and rejoin the battle back at their original starting point.

Lunch and Tech Discussions 11:45 to 1:15 (this may be long but we will play it by ear)

This will be a chance for everyone to grab a bite and discuss issues and poke around to look at what everyone else is doing and of course a little shopping...Get your T-shirts! 

3. 1:15 to 2:15 Check Point Relay . This is a 2 battle scenario

The Set-up:
Approximately 6 markers (ex: flags)are placed along a route through the field in a large as checkpoints.
Divide into 2 teams, one as the attackers and one as the defenders.  

The attackers start in a single line at the edge of the field close to the first check point.  

The defenders must place 1 tank at each check point.  If there are more checkpoints then tanks they have to decide which will be left open.   If there are more tanks then check points, then they are allowed to roam the field starting from the opposite side of the attackers.

The Mission:  
The attacking team must try to complete the course of check points, while the defending tries to prevent them.

The Rules: 

The Defending Team
The defending tank trying to guard the checkpoints must stay within 2 feet of the marker and are able to fire upon any attacker on the field.  Defenders are NOT allowed to block the attackers.

The Attacking Team
The attacking team enters the field one at a time and must go to each checkpoint in sequence within 6” of the marker before moving on to the next checkpoint.   After the last checkpoint the attackers exit the field at the same spot they entered the field.  An attacker cannot enter the field until the tack before them has reached the first checkpoint.  The attacking tanks cannot move on to the next checkpoint or pass the tank in front of them unless that tank gets knocked out first.  

The Win: 
The battle ends when the last attacking tank either crosses the finish line or is knocked out. The number of tanks that cross the finish line is counted up and then the attackers and defenders switch roles. After the second battle the new attacking team counts their tanks that cross the finish line.  Whoever had the most wins

15 min break

4. Fourth Scenario Battle of Kharhov  2:30 to 3:15:

The Set-up:
Inner citty street combat with a retreat, reorg, retake the city scenario.  

The defenders start in the inner city .  

The attackers from the edge of the field with a 2 to one advantage.

The Mission:  
One team must survive holding the city, retreating and then retaking the city. 

The Rules: 

The Defending Team
The defenders must remain inside the city limits for 10 mins. You CANNOT remain stationary for longer than 30 seconds otherwise you are destroyed by  artillery fire. As you are destroyed you move out of the city the the opposite end of the field and await the rest of your team to regroup and attempt to retake the city. Once all of your team has been destroyed and have moved to the opposite end of the field and you all have regenerated you may now attack the city in an effort to retake it. 

The Attacking Team
The attacking team will move onto the field but without penetrating the city limits for 10 mins. in an attempt to whittle down the defenses prior to assaulting the city. After 10 mins the attacking team can move into the city and if there are any defenders left you must destroy them. You now become the defending team but you are not allowed to regenerate. If you are destroyed you must leave the field. The 30 second stationary rule does not apply to you when the defending team attempts to retake the city. 

The Win: 
The battle ends when the last either the attackers trying to retake the city are wiped out or the original attacking team now defending the city are wiped out. 

30 min break

5. Open skirmish 4 to? (probably around 5 or 6 for those of us close by)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPRING TUNE UP DATE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next