Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Maczek Today at 3:46 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 I_vote_lcapSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 I_voting_barSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 I_vote_lcapSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 I_voting_barSPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

SPRING TUNE UP DATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Ok if its a Saturday tuning you require let me get out my cans of whoop @$$
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:17 am

I have been off work today with a bad cold, my first sick day in a long time.

I know I won't be well enough tomorrow to make it to the meet, unfortunately.  Crying or Very sad

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: coming to the hall directions to unload gear.   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Hey guys,

If you are coming in off the 401 when you come in off the expressway you come to the first light as you go through the hall is on the right and don't miss the drive way! There is Handicap parking there T and then just go up the ramp to the front door I will have it open. Rest of you guys stop there too and drop off your stuff before you go down the hill to park otherwise it's a long walk up the stairs with your gear to the hall! If you miss the driveway just go up to the next corner turn right and right again on Weber and the back entrance will be on your right with a big sign.

See you all tomorrow

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 am

Just realized, this is the first meet I have missed since we started in 2010.

Retired

PostSubject: Battle Day March 15th   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Just like to say thanks Dean and everyone that showed up for today's battle. Great venue, lots of room and had a blast. Too bad more people didn't come, but at the same time it was a great day for test and tune. Can't wait for the next one.

Paul Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:14 pm

I would have loved to have been there, but wasn't well enough to go.

This is the first meet I have missed since we started the Can Am in 2010.  Crying or Very sad

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Glen, 
Please take care of yourself. Health is more important.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Glen B wrote:
I would have loved to have been there, but wasn't well enough to go.

This is the first meet I have missed since we started the Can Am in 2010.  Crying or Very sad

hope you're feeling better Glen

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks guys.

I have gone a couple years without the flu or a cold, but it seems my number came up this time.

Hope the meet went well.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Glen B wrote:
Just realized, this is the first meet I have missed since we started in 2010.

I had realized the same thing, your ironman streak has come to end.  Sad 

This is also the second event I've missed since joining in July of 2011.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi guys,

Well, we had a very small turn out even smaller than I expected! LOL! We didn't actually do any structured battles however we got to stop and try some things with such a small group. The speed testing was really interesting to compare with a tanks actual speed. One that we all thought was really fast was actually not that far off. I kept a sheet with the tank and owner and results of the speed test. We also did a large city set up with many streets and alleys and it proved to be really fun to battle through and would really be great with 10 or 12 tanks all trying to blast their way through/defend a city! The hall was well received. food was a bit meh... but that can be worked on.

Well I hope too that April 12th will be O.K. I have my doubts! So I may keep an April date in my back pocket for this hall if anyone is interested...

TXS
Dean

P.S. Dougie, what happened to you???

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:35 am

You all are feeling guilty aren't you... Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am

I do...  Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:

Not me... We had battle days with four, five and six guys in 2010/ 2011 and had fun ..lot of fun.... cheers .....
Its all about playing with your tanks and the fun ,maybe it did not sound like it was going to be fun to some people?

Once the good weather gets here I am sure we will have some good times outside ! Come on summer !! pirat

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Captain Action wrote:
dgsselkirk wrote:

Not me... We had battle days with four, five and six guys in 2010/ 2011 and had fun ..lot of fun.... cheers .....
Its all about playing with your tanks and the fun ,maybe it did not sound like it was going to be fun to some people?

Once the good weather gets here I am sure we will have some good times outside ! Come on summer !! pirat

I didn't say we didn't have fun and if I didn't know better I would say you were trying to say something indirectly with your comment  "maybe it did not sound like it was going to be fun to some people" care to elaborate? I am always open to comment and critique sir... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:10 pm

First I appreceat you taking the time and effort to set up the day and I did have fun at the last meeting ( thank You)and I did not mean anything bad about the March meet.
That being said and haven given it some thought and it was first posted as a test and tune day ( Spring Tune Up) as I first read it and thats where my interest stopped . A long way to drive for something we usully do at the meets anyway . I now read latter that there was to be some battles as well, a little late for me.. Sleep I am not here every day and when I am I spend most of my time thinking about smashing Glens Tanks!  thumbs up .. So to me I did not see the fun in that day for me but I am sure some did enjoy them selves and would appreciate the tank help.

And now a critique ... Lets try and keep the battles straight foward so that the new guys can get up to speed and see how much fun the hobby is before we beat them up with rules and game schedules?
I met a lot of tankers at the last meet that i would like to see at future battle days sooooo lets keep it fair and fun as we have been doing ( I hope) from the start . Very Happy

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Sorry guys my daughter had the flu could not make it I apologize I wish I was there
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

Hey Action, first, much better! I prefer to the point and direct rather than obtuse conversation!  Very Happy

I understand your thinking (were others wouldn't  Razz ) but I would rather you have told me your concerns instead of just dismissing the day. Like I put in all my correspondence with the club, opinions, questions and queries always welcome!
Sorry you misunderstood about the battles. Perhaps I should write clearer like the following:

Brilliant Beijing Hotel Brochure - Translated as only they can.

A friend went to Beijing and was given this brochure by the hotel. It is precious.
She is keeping it and reading it whenever she feels depressed.
Obviously, it has been translated directly, word for word from Mandarin to English.

Getting There: 
Our representative will make you wait at the airport. The bus to the hotel runs along the lake shore. Soon you will feel pleasure in passing water. You will know that you are getting near the hotel, because you will go round the bend. The manager will await you in the entrance hall. He always tries to have intercourse with all new guests. 

The Hotel: 
This is a family hotel, so children are very welcome. We of course are always pleased to accept adultery. Highly skilled nurses are available in the evenings to put down your children. Guests are invited to conjugate in the bar and expose themselves to others. But please note that ladies are not allowed to have babies in the bar. We organize social games, so no guest is ever left alone to play with them self. 

The Restaurant: 
Our menus have been carefully chosen to be ordinary and unexciting. At dinner, our quartet will circulate from table to table, and fiddle with you. 

Your Room: 
Every room has excellent facilities for your private parts. In winter, every room is on heat. Each room has a balcony offering views of outstanding obscenity! ... You will not be disturbed by traffic noise, since the road between the hotel and the lake is used only by pederasts. 

Bed 
Your bed has been made in accordance with local tradition. If you have any other ideas please ring for the chambermaid. Please take advantage of her. She will be very pleased to squash your shirts, blouses and underwear. If asked, she will also squeeze your trousers. 

Above All: 
When you leave us at the end of your holiday, you will have no hope. You will struggle to forget it.

I look forward to kicking your butt at the next meet we are together at! russian

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Hey Dean, you have to remember the most Captain Action reads is colouring books!  tongue 

Though I think that the battle date was close to the March Break may of had effect on the turn out.
I know it was a side effect of why I could not make it.  Sad 

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:16 pm

No question that was a factor... Hey, can't win them all but I try!

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:18 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
Hey, can't win them all but I try!

And we thank you for it!  cheers

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:17 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
Hi guys,

Well, we had a very small turn out even smaller than I expected! LOL! We didn't actually do any structured battles however we got to stop and try some things with such a small group. The speed testing was really interesting to compare with a tanks actual speed. One that we all thought was really fast was actually not that far off. I kept a sheet with the tank and owner and results of the speed test. We also did a large city set up with many streets and alleys and it proved to be really fun to battle through and would really be great with 10 or 12 tanks all trying to blast their way through/defend a city! The hall was well received. food was a bit meh... but that can be worked on.

Well I hope too that April 12th will be O.K. I have my doubts! So I may keep an April date in my back pocket for this hall if anyone is interested...

TXS
Dean

P.S. Dougie, what happened to you???

Norma and I dropped in for a short visit  and we both wished we had been able to spend more time . The hall was a nice size and we liked the city battle scape.The building concept is a step foreward and makes a lot of sense too.A quick look at the timing sheets showed Russel's speed demon KT has been harnessed Razz no longer the rampaging bull. viking .

PS: were you able to cover costs for this meet?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks Ed, yes, more work on buildings but have to wait for weather to change to begin real production. The speed track was a lot of fun. I will have the book and formulas with me at all meets if someone wants to try it. No worries about costs. My call, my risk, my nickel... Very Happy I knew I was taking a chance with March break but it was the only weekend in March something wasn't on there so I took it..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPRING TUNE UP DATE   SPRING TUNE UP DATE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPRING TUNE UP DATE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3